What a pity…
I woke up this morning with something I wanted to share… but, I also woke up this morning to a panicked cat stuck on the roof. How did the cat get up there? I have no idea… but, the point is that I forgot what I was going to share.
I’m sure it wasn’t too important, but I’m also sure it was probably interesting.
Anyway, here are a few things I learned, considered, and accomplished yesterday:
- I read about the (as this book calls it) “as if” method of writing a first draft. It basically states that you just keep writing as if you’ve made whatever changes or alterations just came to mind. Like, if you decide you need to change the main character’s occupation, then just make a note to go back and change it later then continue writing as if you’ve already made those changes. – It’s really made my writing run faster and I’ve already dropped a few notes into a notebook on the side.
- Using this method, I wrote 1,851 words last night, which is over what I would need to write every day to finish my book in 30 days.
- I learned that I either don’t know much about myself and have likely been a bit depressed. I figured this because the book asked ‘What Motivates You?’ and I couldn’t find an answer. It asked ‘what are you passionate about’ and ‘what keeps you going’ and I drew a blank. I think I spent about an hour last night dwelling on these questions and trying to look at myself. I’ll write more about this in a future post.
- I need to reevaluate priorities. This ties in with knowing what’s important to me and what I am passionate about. I realized I would like to have more friends in my life, so last night I reached out to a few individuals with the intention of building a stronger bond with them.
- With priorities comes setting time to write. I NEED to write daily because I WANT to write daily. I can’t keep putting it off because I “don’t have time.” I’m really working on replacing ‘I don’t have time’ with ‘It’s not a priority’ and when I think about it that way I reevaluate priorities on the spot.
That is all for now. I will come back later with a Q&A answering some questions from the book and some bloggers. Feel free to send in a question if you’re curious about anything about me, what I’m writing, or future projects.